Chili Cook-off 2018
Everyone MUST register prior to the cook-off.
Rules & Regulations
- All day cooks MUST be registered and in designated area by 9:00 AM Saturday, June 9th, 2018.
- A mandatory cook's meeting will be held Saturday, June 9th, 2018 at 10:00 AM.
- The entry fee for chili is $15.00.
- The entry fee for pinto beans is $10.00.
- Contestants must cook a minimum of two pounds of meat (chili grind only).
- Chili and pinto beans will be judged on appearance, aroma, texture and taste.
Download Chili Cook-off Application & Rules HERE
This event is held by the Lockhart Chamber of Commerce & Chisholm Trail Roundup with all rules for judging written by these organizations.
No more than five (5) Cooks are allowed per team, including the Chief Cook. The Chief Cook will be responsible for the conduct of the team. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages will be grounds for disqualification(s).
Cooks are to prepare and cook in as sanitary manner as possible. Cooking conditions are subject to inspection by judging committee. Infractions identified by the judging committee shall be immediately corrected or the cook will be subject to disqualification. During and after the event each team is required to keep the area clean of all trash.
NO OPEN/GROUND FIRES ARE PERMITTED!!!
Please have a fire extinguisher on site.
- Queen's Court